Try our classic formula or put a twist on Mexico’s tastiest cocktail.
Here's our essential formula for the ultimate summer cocktail. This version is 4 out of 5 on our strength meter!
This tangy drink provides a lift at the end of a warm summer day. Sip it while relaxing on the porch or by the water while
the sun is setting.
Courtesy of CORZO
A mixture of chocolate and ancho chili powder in place of salt satisfies adventurous tastes.
1½ parts CORZO Reposado
1 tablespoon red pepper jelly
½ part Agave Nectar
1 part fresh lime juice
Unsweetened chocolate powder mixed with ancho chili powder; 2 parts chocolate powder to 1 part chili powder to dust the rim of the glass.
1. Prepare the rim of the glass with a dusting of the chocolate-chili mixture by wetting the rim with an orange slice.
2. Fill the glass with cracked ice.
3. Assemble the ingredients in the glass half of a Boston shaker, and shake very well with ice.
4. Strain into the prepared glass. Serve immediately.
Recipe developer Dale Degroff (reprinted with permission)
Tart Key limes make this cocktail delicious and authentic. Of course you can substitute the more common Persian limes you
always find in stores, just be sure to use fresh juice.
Toast your country all year long with this red-and-blue beverage, one of many signature drinks featuring the vodka-based liquor
To make this festive cocktail, follow these simple steps.
1. Puree thawed frozen strawberries.
2. Blend 2 tablespoons each of the strawberry puree, dark rum, coconut milk, pineapple juice, fresh lime juice, and ½ cup crushed ice in a blender until smooth.
3. Pour 2 to 4 tablespoons HPNOTIQ into a glass, and top with 2 to 4 tablespoons of the strawberry mixture.
Inspired by tropical breezes, this fruity version is infused with Caribbean flavors. Serve it alongside food that doesn’t
take itself too seriously. For the best flavor and texture, chill the ingredients before preparing.
Courtesy of CORZO
The addition of pepper to the classic salted rim puts a bite in each sip of this original recipe.
2 parts CORZO
Anejo 1 part agave nectar
Juice and zest of 1 lime
Zest of ½ lemon
1. Build in a 16-ounce pint glass.
2. Shake vigorously with fresh ice until metal part of shaker is frosted.
3. Strain into a kosher salt- and freshly cracked pepper-rimmed martini glass.
4. Float a sprig of fresh rosemary on top.
Recipe developer Adam Segar (reprinted with permission)
Put a twist on tradition with the fresh taste of cucumbers. We suggest using reposado, one of the four categories of tequila.
It’s aged in wood barrels that lend a mellow character to the liquor.
Chef Richard Sandoval created this modern Mexican margarita with one of summer’s favorite fruits: watermelon. His palate extends
beyond sweet, sour, hot, and spicy, and he translates his passion for his native Mexico into his Maya restaurant; modernmexican.com.
No fiesta is complete without rounds of Frozen Margaritas. We freeze our Margaritas in an electric ice cream maker for extra
Why we like it: It's packed with raspberries and will be sure to keep you cool poolside.
Jalapeño peppers give this margarita a kick. For a spicy garnish, combine salt and chili powder in a saucer. Dip rims of glasses
in lime juice or water, and dip in salt mixture to coat.