We asked New York designer John Loecke to accept our first-ever seashore craft challenge: To create holiday decorations using shells, spray paint, and a glue gun.
Photographer Tria Giovan
Shell Embellished Wreath
- Purchase an evergreen wreath from your florist. We added boxwood sprigs to ours to make it extra dense.
- Attach abalone shells (seashellsupply.com) to the greenery using a hot-glue gun around the wreath’s opening, leaving a 10-inch space at the top.
- Affix two orange lions paws shells (qualityshells.com) with their bases touching at the top of the wreath.
- Glue a jungle star (seashellworld.com) on top of the lions paws.
Sea Star Boxwood Garland
- Buy premade boxwood garland.
- Stick Floral Picks in Blue Glitter Coral (shopwildthings.com) into garland.
- Hot-glue white finger sea stars (qualityshells.com) to branches.