From bamboo to wicker, these materials are right at home by the sea.
Natural, enduring, textural, comfortable—these are the qualities that make time-honored coastal materials sure bets in a beach home. Here are the essentials:
1. Arteriors Home Bodega Driftwood Lamp, $480
3. Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Dr. Pitt Slipcovered Sofa in Bull Denim/White, $2,230
4. Oly Studio Pipa Cocktail Table in White, $2,200 (30")
5. Pottery Barn Chevron Stripe Jute Rug, from $99 (3' by5')
7. Jeffan Isola Arm Chair, $1,238 for a set of two
Wood washed ashore by the sea has organic, sculptural qualities.
Invoking island ease and coastal elegance, it’s eco-friendly and doesn’t shrink or swell in humidity.
Easily washable in the form of slipcovers, it’s genius at the beach, says Decor8 blogger Holly Becker—just line dry to avoid shrinkage.
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Dr. Pitt Slipcovered Sofa in Bull Denim/White, $2,230
Sourced from the ocean, options like oyster shell or mother-of-pearl are beautiful when hand-cut into intricate patterns.
Woven from the tropical rattan plant, it scores for comfort, durability, and timeless style.
Jeffan Isola Arm Chair, $1,238 for a set of two