Great party starters can be yours in an instant. Just because you're short on time doesn't mean you must skimp on quality.
Top a block of cream cheese:
- Tomato chutney or pepper jelly
- Pesto sauce and chopped dried tomatoes
- Chili sauce, chopped cooked shrimp, and sliced green onions
- Mango chutney, sliced green onions, and toasted shredded coconut
Dress up a wheel of Brie:
- Spread with honey; microwave at medium high (70% power) 1 minute. Sprinkle with toasted chopped walnuts.
- Top with mango chutney; microwave at medium high (70% power) 1 minute. Sprinkle with chopped cooked bacon.
- Score into pie-shaped wedges. Decorate each wedge with chopped dried fruit, toasted sesame seeds, and toasted sliced almonds.
- Soft cream cheese, lump crabmeat, horseradish, salt, and pepper
- Cream cheese, chopped smoked salmon, horseradish, and chopped fresh dill weed
- Drained plain yogurt, diced seeded cucumber, sour cream, fresh lemon juice, chopped fresh dill weed, garlic, and salt
Bake it easy:
- Spoon marinara sauce over feta cheese. Bake at 350° until bubbly; sprinkle with chopped fresh basil.
- Brush triangles of pita bread with melted butter; sprinkle with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° until golden. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Diced tomatoes, feta cheese, kalamata olives, salt, freshly ground pepper, olive oil, and red wine vinegar
- Fresh lump crabmeat, diced avocado, fresh lime juice, salt, and pepper
- Spread salmon or crabmeat dip on a flour tortilla; roll up, and slice into pinwheels. Secure with a wooden pick.
- Combine goat cheese, dried basil, and cracked pepper. Spread on thin strips of smoked salmon; roll up, and secure with a wooden pick.
- Wrap strips of prosciutto around chunks of honeydew or cantaloupe; secure with a wooden pick. Drizzle with fresh lime juice.
- Wrap partially cooked slices of bacon around oysters or scallops; secure with a wooden pick. Grill or broil until seafood is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle 8 ounces of cream cheese with garlic powder and fresh or dried dill weed; wrap in 4 ounces of refrigerated crescent dinner rolls. Bake at 350° until crust is golden.
- Drizzle goat cheese rounds with balsamic vinegar; sprinkle with herbes de Provence.
- Drizzle olive oil over grilled fish. Add fresh lemon juice, capers, and chopped fresh thyme.
- Drizzle a log of goat cheese with olive oil. Sprinkle heavily with cracked pepper.