9 Delicious Spring Cocktails
Blackberry-Thyme Champagne Cocktail
Homemade blackberry syrup is the secret ingredient to whipping up this pretty-in-pink champagne cocktail. Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs to add an herb-infused flavor and a leafy-green flora. This lively cocktail by Lark and Linen is the perfect way to toast the season.
Made with fresh lime and grapefruit juices and tequila, this three-ingredient cocktail lends a classic margarita taste without the classic margarita calories. It’s the no-additives, fresh fruit rendition of a favorite springtime sipper, brought to you by our friends at Eating Bird Food.
- Recipe: Skinny Paloma
Minty Lime Frozen Mojito
Kick back Caribbean-style with this icy, Key lime-flavored rum cocktail. Nothing shouts spring louder than its bright lime green color! A sprinkling of fresh mint leaves creates a finishing touch that pulls all the flavors of the season together in one frosty glass (or a dozen!).
- Recipe: Minty Lime Frozen Mojito
Simple enough to fix up for a crowd, this fruity cocktail will have guests feeling like they’re officially on island time. Throw in fresh lime wedges for an unexpected flavorful (and colorful) punch.
- Recipe: Stir together 8 ounces (1 cup) cranberry juice cocktail, 8 ounces (1 cup) vodka, 4 ounces (½ cup) ginger ale, and 2 ounces (¼ cup) fresh lime juice in a large pitcher. Pour into ice-filled glasses, and garnish with lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.
Tropical Champagne Punch
Ease of creation tops the charts with this simple springtime punch. Topped with a sparkling wine, it isn’t lacking in the crisp category, either. With plenty to go round, you can play host of the party instead of bartender.
- Recipe: Tropical Champagne Punch
Packed with fresh fruits and garden herbs, this resort-style libation is a sure-fire way to please party guests. Four simple pours are all that’s needed to serve up a pitcher full of sparkling sangria at your next spring gathering.
- Recipe: Combine 1 (750-ml) bottle dry white wine, 4 ounces (½ cup) orange liqueur, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a large pitcher, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add (750-ml) bottle sparkling water. Add 1 sliced orange, 1 sliced lime, 1 sliced star fruit, and 6 sliced strawberries; chill up to 1 hour. Garnish each serving with fresh mint. Makes 6 servings.
Grown-Up Frozen Lemonade
Springtime means summer is around the corner, which means it’s already time to chill out with a frozen, boozy delight. This citrusy cocktail is a delightful way to cool down. Try it with a sprinkle of lemon or lime zest, or even lime- or citrus-flavored vodka.
- Recipe: Grown-Up Frozen Lemonade
Keep it simple this spring with a minimalist take on the most classic cocktail. This margarita mixture only requires tequila, lime, and agave nectar (plus a little water and salt, of course). Add a lime and salt the rim, and you’ve got a thirst-quenching cocktail ready for seaside sipping.
- Recipe: Classic Margarita
Gin and Coconut Water Cocktail
Nothing says spring like a rosy-colored, clean cocktail. Made colorful and faintly savory by the addition of Angostura bitters, this simple mixture of gin and coconut water is tasty, invigorating, and evocative. Whether consumed oceanfront or miles from shore, it will have you feeling perched by the sand and sea.
- Recipe: Gin and Coconut Water Cocktail