Learn how to get the look with these tips and tricks, then check out our gallery for inspiration.
1. Choose a muted palette of soft pinks, pale blues, sea-foam greens, and creamy whites. Repeat hues on walls, furniture, artwork, fabric, and accessories.
*Our Favorites: Green Tease (208-1) from Pittsburgh Paints (pittsburghpaints.com); Lemon Chiffon (932) by Benjamin Moore Paints (benjaminmoore.com).
2. Keep rooms from looking too pristine by combining new furniture with one-of-a-kind antiques. Worn pieces add to the overall look and make a room feel warm and comfortable.
3. Mix and match fabrics, textures, and patterns. Combine wood, wicker, and slipcovered and upholstered pieces.
4. Pile on the plush pillows and throws to create a cozy and inviting space. Be bold with fabrics, mixing polka dots and stripes with florals and plaids.
5. Accessorize with personal collections of seashells, dishes, and antique items. The more lived-in the space looks, the more authentic the style.
Get Inspired. View a gallery of our favorite shabby chic rooms.