9 Things Our Style Editor Always Packs in Her Carry-on
Make your next getaway super-easy with these packing hacks.
1. A swimsuit bag will protect your dry clothes from a damp suit. Echo Terry Bali Bikini Bag in Tangerine, $28. Striped Terry Bali Bikini Bag, for similar.
2. Organize toiletries in clear cosmetic bags that easily wipe clean. TRUFFLE Clarity Pouch Small in Pink Coral Lemon, $32.
3. Planes can be notoriously chilly, so board prepared with a pretty wrap. White + Warren Cashmere Travel Wrap in Tropic Coral Heather, $298.
4. Sail through baggage claim with a colorful suitcase (see more of our favorite carry-ons) that stands out in a sea of black and gray bags. Raden A22 Carry Suitcase in Light Blue, $295.
5. Skip the flimsy paper tags (and the prolonged check-in) and invest in a monogrammed luggage tag instead. Graphic Image Luggage Tag in White Full Grain Leather, $40.
6. This polyester knit hat flattens, and regains its shape when unpacked. Coolibar Packable Wide Brim Hat in Natural, $44.
7. Hotel hair dryers can be hit or miss. This one packs serious blowout power and folds to save precious suitcase space. Drybar Baby Buttercup Travel Blow-dryer, $135.
8. Airplane air is drying—plan to add 8 ounces per hour to your usual water intake to ward off headaches and jet lag, and to hydrate skin. S'well Blanc Crocodile, $35 (17 oz.).
9. Metallic flip flops are always a winner, and they are a breeze to pack. J.Crew Metallic Sandals, $50.
4 Genius Packing Tips the Pros Swear By
1. Pack heavier items, like shoes, on the wheel end of your suitcase so that it doesn't tip over when standing.
2. Plan exactly what you're going to wear each day, with only one or two alternate options, and make sure what you pack easily mixes and matches.
3. Limit footwear to three or four pairs of shoes: a walking shoe, a dress shoe (such as a heel or wedge), a flip-flop or sandal, and a wild card!
4. Pack shoes in cloth bags to avoid getting marks on clothes (or use a hotel shower cap in a pinch!).