Spirited Beach Bash
Introducing the Hosts
For canine costumes, visit funnypet.com. At this beach bash, even the pets get into the spirit.
For Young Kids
What To Eat
Keep clicking for recipes.
Christine’s Vegetarian Chili
Cook: 20 minutes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 (1.7-ounce) package chili seasoning
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (15.25-ounce) can yellow corn, rinsed and drained
2 (15-ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Toppings: Hot sauce, chopped onions, sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Stir in chili seasoning and next 5 ingredients. Cook 15 minutes or until heated through. Stir in parsley. Serve with toppings, if desired. Makes 11 cups.
Note: This is best made ahead (up to three days) so the flavors can meld; add parsley just before serving.
Cook: 30 minutes
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 (14.75-ounce) can creamed corn
½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
4 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer; beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Stir in corn and cheeses.
2. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; stir into butter mixture. Pour into a buttered 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
3. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 8 servings.